Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pastel Renfrew


Let's be honest: I like(d) the idea of a simple, pale pink t-shirt.  So I bought this Rosy Pink knit from GirlCharlee. The reality is that I don't look good in pastels. I used to know this, but apparently I forgot.
When I bought this pale pink fabric, I also bought a light blue. I now realize that that needs to be something else - either for someone else, or a different item. Right now I'm pondering some kind of skirt. Part of the problem here, I think, is that this fabric is a bit too thick. I seem to have over-corrected from all of the thin knits in stores these days. For a top, 10 oz. is too thick. What's just right? Anyone? Which brings me back to the skirt idea. Maybe some kind of pencil skirt.

Anyhow, so I made the Renfrew top. It doesn't quite fit right, and I don't know if that's an issue of the thickness of the fabric, or my grading between sizes. (In lieu of doing a FBA, I opted to try to grade between sizes, a la Lladybird, but I may have overestimated the waist size needed.)

I think I need to take up the hem band some,  but have been too lazy to try it out. Stretched out it looks okay (beyond the fact that it's practically a tunic), but there are some drag lines. I'll attempt it again, but will probably do a FBA.



No comments:

Post a Comment